Signed Copies Available!

Quantity
Who do I make it out to?

R&M Fab Book Reviews

Followers

Sunday, May 26, 2013

I'm Sporadic, at best :)

I have been ignoring my blog for far too long.  Seems that I now need to make sure that I’m posting regularly.  But what should I post? That’s the million dollar question.  Do I post random thoughts that make no sense? (Considering that’s what I do on Facebook all the time!) Or do I plan it out and make it worthwhile to read?  Personally, I’m going with the first thought. (Who DIDN’T see that coming???)

So, I guess I could do an update on what I’ve been up to lately. Hidden Falls, a Knotted Roots Novella, will be out next month.  I have a tentative release date of June 15th, but that could change at any time.  Just depends on how things go.  I am very excited about the novella because it is about Katy and Brian, two characters that are near and dear to my heart.  But, and let’s make this perfectly clear, I do realize that people are getting tired of novellas.  They don’t see the point in them.  Let me explain real quick.

(Made by my great friend, Katy!)

When I wrote Knotted Roots, I had no intention of doing a series.  It was supposed to be a stand-alone novel.  That is, until I really thought, long and hard, as to the characters in the book.  I found that there was still more to be told.  Their lives were beginning a new chapter, one that I thought the readers would want to know about.  That is why the novella came to be.  In order for the second full length to go the route I was envisioning, the novella needed to be written.  You will understand once you read it.  That’s all I can really tell you right now, without giving away what happens.  And, as per my usual, there is tragedy.  But from this comes new opportunities and new experiences. 
Okay, now that that is handled, moving on!  I am already working on another book as I write this.  This is not the second Knotted Roots book.  It is a Paranormal book that is completely different from KR.  I have been thinking about, and planning, this book for years.  Ever since my mother passed away in 2010.  This is one that is very closer to my heart.  I hope to have it finished within the next month or two, depending on how much time I get to write.  Between school, family, and life in general, writing time is at a minimum these days.

Okay, so that’s what I have going on right now! Oh, you want to know what’s going on right this minute? I’m being tortured by my five year old daughter.  She is watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3 and there is a small, white dog playing the piano.  All the while...wearing a sparkly red tutu.  You can understand why I’m distressed.  I have schoolwork to do...and yet I can’t pull my eyes away from the train wreck on the television. 


So, to that I say, I hope you all have a great Memorial Day! Please, remember why we celebrate this day.  It’s not all about barbeques and sunshine.  Remember those that have served, those that have given their lives for your freedom, and those that have sacrificed every day for our country.  I salute each and every one of you!  Without you, our lives would never be the same.  So, I give you a huge Thank You from the depths of my heart! 

2 comments:

Derinda said...

Ruthi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We love you!!!!!! Now start producing books women!!!

Unknown said...

LOL! I'm trying, I promise! Now..I shall say the same thing to you! LOL More books!!! :) I LOVE your writing! <3

Bookfabulous Designs

Blog Archive

My Pathway to Books

Book Dream Land

Book Dreamland

Momof2reviews

Phenomenal Paranormal

Photobucket

Young Adult Teen Readers

Ema Volf's Blog

Mayra's Dazzling Designs

JM Zuniga

Tara Brown

Tara Brown's Blog

One of my FAV blogs!