Signed Copies Available!

Quantity
Who do I make it out to?

R&M Fab Book Reviews

Followers

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

UtopYa or Bust!

The end of June can’t get here soon enough!  Why, you may ask? UtopYa!!! Yes, that is correct.  I am flipping out because it is almost here!  I have barely had time to think about it lately, but when I do...OMG I begin flipping out all over again. 

I’m nervous, let’s put that out there first.  This is a first for me, and as a new author, it’s downright scary!  To be surrounded by authors that I admire is daunting!  I have an intense fear that I’m going to either A) forget how to speak, or B) say something incredibly stupid.  I have been known to do both. Verbal vomit seems to be my specialty.

But it’s not only that.  It’s also the fact that after talking to some of these people for MONTHS, now I’m going to meet them face to face. *Insert Drum Roll Please* It’s intense!  What if they don’t like me? What if I’m not what they expected? Heck, what if I don’t like them! *GASP* That’s rare, so we’ll move on. But I still have these insecurities.

A lot of them are left over from high school *shudders* and they’re hard to shake.  It’s easy to forget that these are professionals who are grown.  I’ve been having nightmares, to be honest.  Anyone else feel that pressure to be who they expect you to be? I know I do! Then there’s the weirdest part of all: the “fans”. 

I don’t really like that word, but for this purpose, let’s just roll with it.  These are the people that have read and enjoyed my book.  Will I live up to their expectations? That has me shaking in my boots yet again! 

But then I remember what my mother used to tell me:  You can’t please everyone you meet. 

And with those words, I relax a little bit.  Sure, there are going to be some people that might not like me.  It happens.  I would never expect everyone to like me.  And I’m coming to grips with the fact that sometimes, no matter what you do in life, you won’t live up to expectations. 

And that’s OKAY.  It’s more than okay.  It’s expected. 
So I say this: to everyone else who has felt this way recently, you’re not alone.  We’re all scared, but more than that...we’re EXCITED! We’re finally getting to meet those we look up to, those we have enjoyed, and those that we have built dear friendships with since joining the book world.  

Let’s show Nashville just what we’re made of!

I can’t wait to meet all of the amazing women who will be at UtopYa, including authors, bloggers, and dear friends who I am so honored to have in my life! Let’s have a weekend to remember! <3 

0 comments:

Bookfabulous Designs

Blog Archive

My Pathway to Books

Book Dream Land

Book Dreamland

Momof2reviews

Phenomenal Paranormal

Photobucket

Young Adult Teen Readers

Ema Volf's Blog

Mayra's Dazzling Designs

JM Zuniga

Tara Brown

Tara Brown's Blog

One of my FAV blogs!